After being elected in 2016 and re-elected in 2020, Chris was selected by his colleagues to serve as the youngest Mayor in the history of Santa Rosa. He represents the city on:
- Sonoma County Transportation Authority
- Regional Climate Protection Authority
- Sonoma Clean Power
- California League of Cities Mayors and Councilmembers Legislative task force
- Sonoma County Health Action
- Santa Rosa’s Open Government and Community Engagement subcommittee (Chair)
- Santa Rosa’s Climate Action subcommittee (Chair)
- Santa Rosa’s Long term finance subcommittee (Chair)
- Association of Bay Area Governments executive committee
Additionally, Chris represents all nine Sonoma County cities on the Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit (SMART) board of directors, the consolidated oversight board of redevelopment agencies (Chair), and chairs the California League of Cities Environmental Quality committee statewide.
Chris lives in downtown Santa Rosa with his Fiancé, Sarah, a local nurse, their dog Rufus, two cats Leo and Flora, and four chickens Beaktrix, Egrit, Minerva, and Ethel. Chris has a Masters in Public Administration from Sonoma State University and a Bachelors in Political Science from U.C. Santa Barbara.